How much condo insurance do I need?

Whether your condominium is your primary or secondary home, it is likely among your most significant investments. That makes insurance coverage that protects against the financial impact of fire, theft, or other unforeseen causes critical. Our goal at Tim Huber Insurance is to provide the coverage that best meets the needs of those in or near Jacksonville or St. Augustine, FL.

Condo Insurance Considerations

Every condo is different, as are the owner’s needs, so there is no one-size-fits-all formula for the amount of condo insurance you need. How much condo insurance you need depends on your choice of selected coverages, insured limits, and deductibles. More specifically:

  • Building Property- Your insured amount varies with the condo’s value and whether your association’s coverage is All-In or Bare Wall. All-in means the association is responsible for the building structure, cabinets, lighting, and other fixtures attached to the interior walls. Bare Walls mean the association covers only the building structure, so you must insure the interior fixtures.
  • Personal Property- The value of your furniture, flooring, appliances, and personal items drives the insured amount.
  • Personal Liability- Your risk tolerance determines whether you increase the liability limits for legal fees and medical bills above the policy minimums.
  • Additional Living Expenses- You choose whether to cover the expenses if you need to live elsewhere while repairs occur.
  • Loss Assessment Coverage- Protects you when facing charges due to shortfalls in the association’s coverage or new assessments.

Working with Tim Huber Insurance

Tim Huber Insurance proudly serves the St. Augustine, FL area. We take the time to understand each client’s unique insurance needs and look forward to helping you obtain a policy to protect your home and family against unforeseen events. Call or stop by today to discuss your condo insurance options.